Tuesday 20 August 2013

Jumbo football cupcake and 50 cupcakes

Hi there,

I am ready to add my latest creation to my blog and it was a very exciting project to do...biggest one yet!

I was asked to make a jumbo cupcake and 50 cupcakes for my nephew's 21st birthday party, as a surprise. It needed to be a red and white theme for his favourite team Arsenal, although they lost on the day he still loved the cakes!

The design was my own and I hand crafted the toppers for the cupcakes. I left them to dry and harden for a couple of days before I used them. A tip to stop them drying out is to lay them underneath a piece of clingfilm wrap on a sheet of greaseproof paper, the shirts kept their colour beautifully too.

The cakes were vanilla sponge topped with vanilla swirls and red and white sugarpaste toppers. The jumbo cupcake has a buttercream filling and topping and a sugarpaste covered base and decorations.

The fun 21 decorations in the top of the jumbo cupcakes are sparklers! And not edible.


Thank you for taking a look at my blog and I hope you revisit me again soon. 

Tania

No comments:

Post a Comment